In the Myriorama's former life it was a story board, so it stands to reason I need to add some critters. Just to satisfy my head, I went to a fabric store to see if they had any Frog material in the children's section. Almost every other animal had a big selection. The frog had one pitiful fabric.
Next step... make my own frogs.
As these had a size limitation I decided not to try thread painting first. Rather I dug out my ink sticks and started sketching on fabric. This shows some real promise.
But I think I'll try some coloured fabric instead of white to see if it makes a difference.
One more time, and different pens, Hethrone pens.................a keeper.
And importantly.....how to fasten the frogs to the lily pads.
I did think fusing but I was thinking, given the nature of these pieces that will be handled a lot and moved about......the edges might lift and fray.
I took the original forte and started a little hand applique. This material is courser and heavier that the last successful pair, so it should do just fine.