I decided I wanted to try this one more time using only two colours instead of three.
Better results in my mind.
I also cut the fabric size down to 1/4 metres, fat quarter in size.
I still find this wasteful method. Using less expensive Dylon or Rit would make me feel better, though the rinsing and cleanup would be the same.
I'm also wondering if my home made Soda ash wasn't up to the job. I know I have a container of the real stuff around .......... somewhere.
Definitely an outdoors exercise for me when I try again. And next time I'm going to PAINT.
Mixing the dyes into an alginate will make me happier. I like to be more in control.
But lots of bright and new fabrics
So this morning I put everything away
Time to move on.