top of page

Well that was a bit premature

I changed my mind about the status of this piece.

It was just too dull. My muse agreed and he mentioned the colour RED.

Spot on!

That was easier said. Cardinals were an obvious choice but before I started painting, embroidering Cardinals on the piece, I needed a plan and a preview.

Off yo the store where there surprisingly was a dearth of Cardinal fabric.

What I found was the right size, so home it came.

It was immediately clear it was the spark this needed but I wasn't happy with the commercial look of the cutouts.

This morning I copied them with paint and pen. They give a softer and more natural feel than the hard, printed pictures.

A little binding and this is now...DONE

16 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page