I guess its kind of fitting that I finished this on the day of our first snowfall for the season.
I went through a number of ideas including doing a simple line tracing of a sunflower.
I found one I really liked but decided it wouldn't be strong enough unless the line was very heavy, and I didn't want heavy.
But the line drawing was the spring board for the finish.
Several times I've used this method. I like the weight of the result.
After fusing two pieces of cloth together I cut out the petals, leaves and stem.
The flower is fused to the background for the most part. I may stitch or paint them yet, but I can put it aside now.